Summer Projets and Internships
Networking Resource Centre
School of Chemistry
University of Hyderabad
Hyderabad - 500 046
Andhra Pradesh, India
Duration : Up to two months
Who may apply? Students who are now pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program in chemistry or closely related areas. While preference will be given to B.Sc. and M.Sc. students, students of chemical engineering (and related subjects) may also apply.
How to apply? Students may directly contact any faculty member of the school. The faculty research interests are indicated on the School of chemistry home page They may also apply online or by post to the Coordinator of the networking resourse centre.
Financial support: Travel expenses will be reimbursed as per UGC norms (preserve the original tickets). In addition, a Maintenance allowance of Rs.7000/- per month will be provided.
Accomodation: Limited accomodation is available on campus. Participants are encouraged to make their own arrangements for accomodation if possible.
school of chemistry website:
IIT - Ghandinagar
For whom (Eligibility): Student’s pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree at a prominent institution in India.
Duration: At least 2 months within summer break of IITGN (Summer Break at IITGN: May1st – July 30th).
- Applicants are required to work with an IITGN faculty. Applicants are advised to review the list of participating faculty along with the description of projects being offered.
- Applicants may apply for internship with only one participating IITGN faculty; based on their interests and prior experience they are free to apply for internship with faculty/projects outside of their declared degree specializations.
- Applicants will be required to make a presentation to the institute and submit a report at the end of the tenure.
Provisions for student interns:
- Weekly stipend of Rs. 1000/-
- Free accommodation; students are required to pay for their own food/mess charges.
The Summer Research Internship (SRI) program is formulated for gifted students who are interested in pursuing fundamental research in physics and the earth sciences. Interns will be guided by a researcher at MCNS in a project topic of contemporary scientific interest. Opportunities in the following areas are offered in the current year:
- Gravitation and cosmology
- High energy astrophysics
- Topics in nuclear science
Students currently enrolled / or completed M. Sc. / M. Tech. / fourth year integrated M. Sc. / M. Tech. programs and highly motivated third or fourth year B. Sc. / B. Tech. students may apply
2)Raja Ramanna Centre For Advanced Technology
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology was established by the Department of Atomic Energy, India to expand the activities carried out at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai, in two frontline areas of science and technology namely Lasers and Accelerators.
Selected students will be engaged in R & D activities in front line research areas of Accelerator science, Laser science, related technologies and applications.
Students who are presently in the first year of M.Sc. (Physics), or in the fourth year of integrated M.Sc. (Physics) or in the third year of B.E./B.Tech. (Engineering Physics/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Metallurgy/ Computer Science/ Information Technology) are eligible to apply.
3) Undergraduate Research Initiative (UGRI) Program
IIT Jodhpur (IITJ) www.iitj.ac.in
- Students must have completed their 5th Semester of BE/B.Tech/Dual Degree or 1st Year of MSc/ MA programme.
- Engineering students must have the minimum academic score 70% or a 7.5 CPI/CGPA on a 10 point scale, and science students 65% or 7.0 CPI/CGPA. They must not have failed any course.
SC/ST students studying in 1st year M.Sc inscience disciplines (Biological, Physical, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences), or IIIrd year B.E./B.Tech or equivalent degree, during the academic year 2013-14.
IISc. will provide:
- Travelling allowance equivalent to II Class train fare from College/residence to IISc. andback.
- Free boarding and lodging (on sharing basis) atIISc.
- Fellowship of Rs.5,000/- and a book grant of Rs.1500/-
Students pursuing their 2nd year BSc, III year B.E/B.Tech and 1st year M.Sc/M.Tech (or equivalent degree) are eligible.
6) Indira Gandhi Centre For Atomic Research (IGCAR)
website : http://www.igcar.gov.in/
The six week long programme will comprise of both theoretical lecture courses and hands-on laboratory experience through projects. This programme is aimed at motivating the students to pursue a career in research. The theme for this year’s course is Materials: Structure and Properties.
Students entering their final year of regular or integrated MSc (Physics/Chemistry) with good academic track record (a First Class in BSc and First Semester of MSc) and with a strong desire to take up research career may apply.
- The selected students will be provided a stipend Rs.4000/- per month and their travel expenses by sleeper class train will be reimbursed.
- Accommodation on payment basis will be arranged.
- Twenty students will be selected in each discipline.
This section is empty.